27475Re: Analog Computers - General description (long)

  • joshbensadon
    Sep 24, 2012
      > York Univeristy Museum operated by Zbigniew Stachniak. I
      >

      > York, PA?

      No, York University in Toronto, Ontario.

      > What's actually on display there?

      I'm a newbie at old computers, so I'll probably miss a few key systems.
      I think Zbigniew's favorite is the MCM 70 computer, he wrote a whole book on it. There are lots of other systems as you saw in the web link you provided, but I'm not sure what's worth mentioning? Dynalogic systems? There's some of the the more familiar common systems, but several word processors and obsure ones I don't remember the names of. But there is a whole line of MCM computers. These were based on the 8008 and when that processor became too slow, they went the way of emulating the processor with faster logic chips so they wouldn't have to re-write software.

      Anytime you're in Toronto, I'd be happy to show you around.

      Cheers,
      Josh
    • Show all 18 messages in this topic