27458re: [midatlanticretro] Re: DC 100A Tape Belts

    Sep 24, 2012
      > joshbensadon wrote:
      > >
      > > Hi,
      > >
      > > Does anyone know where I can buy some replacement belts for these old
      DC 100A tapes? Inside the actual tape there's a belt that drives the reels
      and they've snapped on two tapes. The belt measures 9.568" by 0.100" by
      0.003" thick.

      > > Thanks,
      > > Josh
      > Bill Degnan replied with a reference to a company that makes cloth and
      rubber belts, such as those used to drive a diskette drive spindle from a
      motor. Josh is referring to a rubber belt inside the tape cartridge. It is
      not rubberized cloth. This further description may be more helpful.
      > I've had tape cartridges which have had broken belts as Josh describes.
      The rubber simply rots and breaks. Offhand, I've not tried repair. Other
      than trying a belt from another tape (which could break), you might see if
      you can find rubber bands of about the same dimensions, see if those work.
      PLease report results here, negative or positive.
      > Herb Johnson

      You might want to call them anyway.

    • Show all 19 messages in this topic