27418Re: [midatlanticretro] Booting a 1985 NEC APC

  • Kyle Owen
    Sep 10, 2012
      Well, that's very generous! I am located in Alabama, which is quite a stretch for me. I do have family in VA (previously NJ), so I may get up there sometime, likely without my systems, just to check things out. I've heard lots of great things about the exhibits.

      I need to track down some good 8" media. I have all of the 5.25" I could ever need, but only 4 or so 8" disks. I am now in possession of a spare 8" drive for the APC and three 8" half-height drives from a Tracor-Northern system, though. Doesn't exactly help the media end, however.

      I'm also still trying to track down some hard sector boot disks for my N* Horizon; my machinist friend who was going to help me with a floppy punch has been too busy lately.

      The AHCS is going to put on quite a show at the Atlanta Mini Maker Faire, so I hope to make it to that with a few of my systems. I'm sure an IBM PC/AT with Carmen Sandiego would be a hit with the kids. Tic-Tac-Toe on an SWTPC 6800? Maybe not so much...but that won't stop me from bringing it!

      Kyle

      On Mon, Sep 10, 2012 at 10:47 PM, Evan Koblentz <evan@...> wrote:

      >> In any case, MARCH now has a fully working/tested color APC with all of the original disks and manuals, which should be helpful!

      It's true!

      Kyle: I forget where you're located, but you are welcome to bring your APC here and work on it side-by-side with our known-good system. You can also copy our disks, etc.

    • Show all 17 messages in this topic