27228RE: [midatlanticretro] Re: Vector Graphic Progress...

  • Bill Sudbrink
    Aug 21, 2012
      s100doctor wrote:
      > "Aw, Herb, just power it up and watch the fireworks!"

      No, not what I advocate at all. While I was testing the boards,
      (again, one at a time) the AC input to the power supply was in
      series with a 100 watt light bulb. You can tell when something
      is passing too much current because the bulb lights brightly. By
      drawing some of the load, it prevents the caps from just exploding.
      Two of the caps I replaced actually smoked a little. Two others
      were just "hot to the touch".

      Bill S.
    • Show all 3 messages in this topic