27225Museum Report August 19, 2012

  • Jeffrey Brace
    Aug 19, 2012
      Hello all,

      I got to the museum a few minutes late, but Herb was there early and gave a museum tour to some people. There was some event at Infoage about War World II (I heard something about encryption). Anyway there were more people floating around because of it. Plus there were some visitors that were there specifically there to see M.A.R.C.H. Three separate kids one about 10, anther 13 and another 16. They all seemed to already know a lot about vintage computers and were really interested. I was amazed. So I showed the 13 year old a little more BASIC on the C64 and some demo programs. He was asking if I had GEOS and kept asking to see more and more. He knew a lot about the C64 already. He said he really wanted a Commodore 64, but didn’t have them money now because he spent it on a PC laptop. So I’m very happy that there are younger people that are knowledgeable and interested in vintage computers. I shared with them about VCF etc.

      So a total of about 10 to 15 visitors with varying levels of interest that were a somewhat steady flow.

      Ovarall a good day.

      Jeff Brace