2722Re: [midatlanticretro] question for Brian

  • Chris M
    Mar 5, 2006
      so where would I find the details of how to connect a
      Zip to a Peanut or vanilla pc? It sounds almost too
      good to be true.
      --- midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com
      <nampcjr@...> wrote:
      > Chris
      >
      > A parallel port ZIP will indeed work. I have one
      hooked up to my system. The guest program works like
      a charm. It is not however, bootable. The SCSI ZIP
      drives can be bootable when using the TMC 850jr but
      other than that, the ZIP is good for just as you say,
      a secondary storage device.
      > I am no programmer or electrical wiz by any means,
      but if there was a way to hack into the jr's BIOS and
      make a parallel port a bootable possibility, Id take
      some of the blank cartridge PCBs I have and burn a few
      EPROMS to allow just that! I have no idea if it could
      ever be possible though.

      > Brian
      >
      > Chris M <chrism3667@...> wrote:
      > Dude...did the group ever get a parallel port Zip
      > drive to work with the jr? If so, and if you figure
      > out how to boot from it (undoubtedly by hacking the
      > firmware), whats really all the secondary storage
      youd need.

      protection around
      > http://mail.yahoo.com

      > Vintage computer Computer security