2721Re: [midatlanticretro] question for Brian

  • Brian Heise
    Mar 5, 2006
      A parallel port ZIP will indeed work.  I have one hooked up to my system.  The guest program works like a charm.  It is not however, bootable.  The SCSI ZIP drives can be bootable when using the TMC 850jr but other than that, the ZIP is good for just as you say, a secondary storage device.
      I am no programmer or electrical wiz by any means, but if there was a way to hack into the jr's BIOS and make a parallel port a bootable possibility, Id take some of the blank cartridge PCBs I have and burn a few EPROMS to allow just that!  I have no idea if it could ever be possible though.

      Chris M <chrism3667@...> wrote:
      Dude...did the group ever get a parallel port Zip
      drive to work with the jr? If so, and if you figure
      out how to boot from it (undoubtedly by hacking the
      firmware), whats really all the secondary storage youd need.

      Do You Yahoo!?

      Yahoo! Mail