27143Re: [midatlanticretro] Semi-OT: Sparc IPC in Fairfax, Va.

    Aug 3, 2012
      On 08/03/2012 06:17 PM, Evan Koblentz wrote:
      > Got a message about an early 1990s Sun Sparc IPX available to a good home. It's in Fairfax, Va.; reply to him (George) directly if interested: gm.vtee@... -- He added: "The machine works, last time I checked. It is not running vintage software though, a version of OpenBSD is installed. I realize you probably get lots of offers of this kind of stuff, but I'd love for it to go to a good home."

      One of these (well I guess two of them) was my desktop machine, both
      at home and at work, for years. They are great little boxes. I have
      enough for my purposes, so I hope this one goes to a good home. If
      anyone here gets it and needs any help, I'm intimately familiar with
      their ins & outs.

      Dave McGuire, AK4HZ