27136Re: [midatlanticretro] Did Bill Gates Steal the Heart of DOS?

  • system@great-escape.tmesis.com
    Aug 3, 2012
      "Evan Koblentz" <evan@...> writes:

      >>> It's like stating that all lawyers are sleezy. We all know that's
      >not true. Some are complete scumbags! :)
      >
      >It's a running joke in my company. We publish more than a dozen of the
      >nation's top magazines for lawyers. Many of our hundreds of reporters
      >are themselves law school graduates. "What do you call someone who's a
      >lawyer AND a journalist? Colleague!" ;)

      Does this open the door for more lawyer's jokes here! :)

      >One person on my particular magazine is an attorney, journalist, and
      >programmer -- all in one. Fortunately he has a good sense of humor.
      >
      >< non-subtle revenge> Anyway ... we all know D|I|G|I|T|A|L invented law,
      >news, and software. < / non-subtle revenge>

      That'd be d|i|g|i|t|a|l as the letters were always lowercase. ;) DEC used
      law and laws, were in the news, and developed software.

      Revenge?
    • Show all 23 messages in this topic