2677Re: [midatlanticretro] This Sunday @ InfoAge

    Mar 2, 2006
      Evan,
      I can't come this Sunday, but I will be there on the 1st, and I can get
      there early to help set up. I had planned to bring a "join the Regular US
      Army / ENIAC ad for the exhibit, very cool. Contact me off list about
      logistics if you need to coordinate. I should have the posters ready by
      then too, for sale.
      Bill D

      At 12:48 PM 3/2/2006 -0500, you wrote:
      >Hello fellow MARCHins,
      >
      >InfoAge's next big event is April 1; this time it's a "site transfer day".
      >All of the member groups are expected to have a small exhibit. People who
      >attend on April 1 might have money or old computers to share with us. (The
      >same kind of event was how we acquired the HP 300A Harmonic Wave Analyzer,
      >circa mid/late-1940s, last summer.)
      >
      >The exhibits will be in our museum preview rooms. As I explained before,
      >our room is small (about 11x12 ft.) but at least the light finally works.
      >:)
      >
      >Therefore this Sunday is an * excellent * day to visit InfoAge and help
      >develop MARCH's preview room. I'll be there at about 1:00 but we could
      >possibly start earlier in the day. The preview can include any combination
      >of Grabbe stuff / MARCH stuff / individual stuff.
      >
      >What I'm thinking is that we can bring some of the neat-looking Grabbe items
      >upstairs, and also have three or four working systems from our personal
      >collections to demonstrate. For example I might bring my Grid Compass 1101.
      >In addition, Fred says that if we make 8.5x11-inch signs in JPEG resolutions
      >of at least 30dpi, then he can print them as 11x17 posters. I think that's
      >pretty cool, because we can hang up posters with background information,
      >etc.
      >
      >I can't do this alone; I need help. It has to get done. Who else can
      >commit to helping this Sunday? (For those who haven't been to InfoAge yet,
      >you'll also get to see the rest of the place.)
      >
      >Evan
      >

      >Yahoo! Groups Links

    • Show all 4 messages in this topic