26706Re: Tech weekend -- everyone's projects ...

  • s100doctor
    Jul 4, 2012
      --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, "David" <davesica@...> wrote:
      > Ian Primus made my day by providing a fresh boot disk for my Osborne 1, which to my great delight woke right up and ran after napping for perhaps the past 20 years.

      > I may also be in the running for a "last to smoke" prize. As I was demonstrating the newly-revived Osborne back at home to my daughters, daughter #1 suddenly yelled out "Dad, it's on Fire!"

      A mistake many people make, and made during the event, was to run the Osborne without opening the vent. It will cook itself. Open the vent.

      Otherwise, various caps will short and smoke. Find them as soon as possible after ignition. Then tag 'em so you can repair them later. Wait a day, a week, and you will lose the smell of it, it will stink up the rest of the machine.

      Herb
    • Show all 15 messages in this topic