26698Re: Great rescue today!

  • joshbensadon
    Jul 3, 2012
      > With the IMSAI, I removed everything except for the CPU card and one memory card, and it turned on without any trouble. It seems to
      work but I'll need someone with more expertise to confirm that.

      -Turn on, WAIT light should be on
      Enter C3 00 00 program (Jump 0000)
      -Turn 16 Address switches off
      -Flip Examine switch UP
      -Set Data switches to C3
      -Flip Deposit switch UP
      -Set Data all off (00)
      -Flip Deposit switch down twice
      Verify program entered
      -Turn 16 Address switches off (should be from last step)
      -Flip Examine switch UP (Data should display C3)
      -Flip Examine switch Down twice (Data should display 00 twice)
      -Flip Reset Up
      -Flip RUN up, address and data lights blinking fast and faintly

      I made some new schematics for the IMSAI, redrawn to focus on operation and in colour.

      Congrats on your great find!

      Josh
    • Show all 5 messages in this topic