26664Minitel

    Jul 2, 2012
      So ... I emailed an online friend who's a collector of PDAs/laptops in France, and asked for his help in getting us a Minitel. That was a couple of days ago.

      He replied this morning. Said he spent the weekend at a retrocomputing hack event (ha!!) and asked the homeowner for a minitel for a U.S. museum ... the homeowner goes into his basement, comes back up, box in hand.

      Nice.

      Says it's a very popular portable model, soon to be en route to New Jersey.

      Someday we'll have an exhibit about online life pre-WWW. This will be a nice artifact for it.
    • Show all 3 messages in this topic