2666Re: [midatlanticretro] Furthermore, who's into C/PM stuph?

  • Bob Applegate
    Mar 2, 2006
      What timing! I fired up my CP/M system last night and was playing
      with Wordstar and some old BDS C code. It still seems perfectly
      normal to use CP/M even after all these years.

      It must be CP/M season! Hey Dave W, time to fire up those old IMSAI
      and TDL machines!

      One thing I *do* miss from my modern machines is the much improved
      video. Those old 80 column cards on green-screen monitors just don't
      look as good as a modern machine. I used to spend 8+ hours a day
      working on this system, but would probably go crazy if I had to do it
      now.

      Bob

      Degnan <billdeg@...> wrote :

      > Chris,
      >
      > I use CP/M or MP/M here and there, mostly for testing. I have a
      > handful of systems that are native CP/M or CP/M 86..I have a lot
      > of CP/M software and documentation. Tandy, COmmodore, Altos, and
      > Televideo.
      >
      > Bill D
      >
      > At Wednesday, 1 March 2006, you wrote:
      >
      > >thus far, I own these:
      > >
      > >Sanyo MBC-1000, all in one, apparently non-functional
      > >
      > >Yamaha MSX puter (was told it runs or will run c/pm)
      > >
      > >I suppose the Epson QX-10 donated by Dave Bassett runs
      > >c/pm also. But mine is equipped with the Titan 8088
      > >card, so who would want anything else???????
      > >.....Dave, we hardly knew ya :(
      > >
      > >thought I had other stuph. I'll let you know on the
      > >next refresh cycle (my clock speed is reckoned in
      > >hourse, days, or even weeks. Very retro ;).

      NOCC, http://nocc.sourceforge.net
    • Show all 10 messages in this topic