26648Re: [midatlanticretro] Tech weekend update

    Jun 30, 2012
      On 06/30/2012 10:20 PM, Evan Koblentz wrote:
      > Everyone who skipped today's tech session missed a great time! Today was one of our most successful tech days. PDP-8s, SOL-20s, IBM card puncher, Burroughs card reader, many SBCs (our Cosmac VIP works!), Commodores, Macs ... A little "bit" of everything. As for me, after asking a bazillion questions of Gesswein, Johnson, Primus, Degnan, Donzelli, Jonas, and Dromgoole ... I managed to (partially repair part of one Osborne, and then transplant a working Osborne monitor from a parts unit into a Osborne that had a dead monitor, and then transplant the whole computer from its ugly and yellowed case into a nice clean-ish case. So, MARCH now has a clean, working Osborne for Lee to sign tomorrow. Then it'll go on display in the museum.
      >
      > I'll let everyone else who is here chime in about what progress they made. It's mostly good!

      I wish I could've been there! I will make it next time. For the past
      several days, I've been rendered completely exhausted by a major,
      personally-important PDP-11 haul from northern NJ, and returning home to
      news that my old (still full of my stuff) house in FL has been broken
      into by scumbags, and my mother's house on the other side of town was
      broken into in the same day. (we think by the same person)

      More on all of the above later.

      I'm glad you guys are having a good time. Again I truly wish I was there.

      Dave McGuire, AK4HZ