2642Re: [midatlanticretro] Tandy stuff available

  • tfagan@triad.rr.com
    Feb 28, 2006
      Hi all,

      I just realized that in my collection, I have a Tandy Sensation (I
      bought new around 1990). It is the "first" multimedia pc to hit the
      market (according to RS's advertising at the time). It is a 486SX-25
      with 4MB ram, 120MB hd, 3.5" floppy, and 1x CD-rom, running Win 3.1.
      All I have currently is the PC (no keyboard/mouse/monitor/etc...).

      Do any of you know the rarity of this item? I've never even seen
      mention of one in all the collecting I've done over the last year,
      thought I've seen plenty of Tandy 1000s and its brethren. Also, since
      it's been many years since I actually used a pre-pentium machine, will
      a 486 successfully run software that was released for 386s and 286s?
      I've been looking to obtain a 286 or 386 machine to run a bunch of old
      games I've been getting, but if this 486 machine will run them, then
      that will work for me! :-)

      If it WILL work, then I'll probably build some CDs of 'abandon-ware'
      to install and play on it - installed at 1x CD speeds... woo-hoo... I
      can't wait!!! ;-)

      --Timster--
    • Show all 14 messages in this topic