26408Re: [midatlanticretro] Has anyone used a Latronix UDS-10 box to allow telnet to a vintage computer.

  • telmnstr@757.org
    Jun 20, 2012
      > But if I hook one of these up to the RS232 serial terminal port of a system, can I set it up to host a telnet connection so that I can use my iPad with a telnet app to access the machine? It would allow me to have a consolidated "display" at home with my old 1st gen iPad and a keyboard as a terminal my growing collection.

      That is how they work, and they do a good job of it. There are Digi
      Portserver TS2 and TS4 units that have 2 and 4 ports, and there are
      Lantronix models with 2 ports as I recall.

      Serial terminal servers is what they are called. I've always used the MSS
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic