26260Re: [midatlanticretro] Coleco Adam Advice

  • Mr Ian Primus
    Jun 14, 2012
      --- On Thu, 6/14/12, joshbensadon <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      > I am a little curious
      > about the head?  It looks like it covers both sides of
      > the tape.  But that contradicts what you said about
      > copying a data pack on a regular dual tape deck.

      Which is why you have to copy both sides. I guess I forgot to mention it... this is why it's important to use a dual cassette machine, so when you stop, it stops both decks at the same time, flip both tapes over, and do the back too. If the machine keeps going a bit on the B deck when the A tape ends, then you kind of have to watch it and stop it as the real data pack gets to the leader.

      Done correctly, it *does* work.

      -Ian
    • Show all 31 messages in this topic