26094Re: [midatlanticretro] Re: Booting a NorthStar Horizon

  • Kyle Owen
    Jun 4, 2012
      I got a chance to look at the N* again today. It looks like the disk controller is an MDS-AD3, from N*. Also installed is a CompuKit Econoram VII A board, with one of the 5 of the 6 rows of RAM fully populated. There's also a N* 16k RAM board, and the processor card, a ZPB-A2. The floppy drives are made by Tandon, and are both TM101-4s.

      I can't find too much info the particular floppy controller, other than that it appears to be a double-density unit. I suppose it's still using hard sectors.

      73,

      Kyle
    • Show all 21 messages in this topic