26056Re: [midatlanticretro] Booting a NorthStar Horizon

    Jun 2, 2012
      Kyle,
      Do some searching on Northstar Horizon disk controllers and in general Northstar DOS.  You need 10 hard-sectored disks.  There are threads in various places about making these disks.  From time to time you'll see N* OS disks on Ebay.
      Bill

      At 11:04 PM 6/1/2012, you wrote:

      Hi guys,

      I have found a NorthStar Horizon and would love to get it booting. I don't have any boot disks, however.

      What would it take to get some images burned onto 5.25" disks for this computer? My only machine with 5.25" and 3.5" drives is a Compaq 386, so I hope that doesn't limit my options.

      Also, what OSs are available for Z80As? I would love to play with some early Unix stuff, but I'm not sure if much of that would be available. If I'm out of luck on the Unix end, then what is the preferred OS for a Horizon?

      Thanks!

      Kyle

    • Show all 21 messages in this topic