26044Re: I need a back up hard drive recommendation?

  • dmmmmcom
    Jun 1 7:22 PM
      Well I do have 2 mac books but nothing I can share a back up drive with.

      The LeCie designs are sweet! At the risk of sounding really stupid would you suggest 1TB or 2TBs. I have mostly family photos that need saving.

      I will call the company to make sure that it will be emac compatible before I order.

      --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, Matt Patoray <mspatoray@...> wrote:

      > Well,
      >
      > It will use either USB 1.1 or FireWire 400, or if u have another mac you can just get a 6 pin to 6 pin FireWire cable boot the eMac in FireWire target disc mode and copy over what you want to keep.
      >
      > As for drives you can get something that is guaranteed Mac compatable at other world computing www.macsales.com or look on ePay for something by LaCie
      >
      > What version of the MacOS are you running?
      >
      > Hope this helps,
      >
      > Matt
      >
      > Sent from my iPhone
      >
      > On May 30, 2012, at 3:52 PM, Dmmmmcom <dmmmmcom@...> wrote:
      >
      > > I know most of you guys don't know Apples from your blueberry preserves :) but can someone advise me on buying a new back up storage unit?
      > > I want to clean up my emac by first backing it up to an external drive and then restoring the software. But I am unsure about what to buy?
      > > (Just kidding about the fruit...)
      > > Thanks,
      > > Denise
      > >
      > > On May 30, 2012, at 1:25 PM, "Evan Koblentz" <evan@...> wrote:
      > >

      > >> I'm going to reserve a hotel room. People can chip in later.
      > >>
      > >> Also HOPE is giving us a locking storage room for overnight. Nobody will use it but us.
      > >>
      > > =

    • Show all 75 messages in this topic