25511Re: [midatlanticretro] OT? SCSI

  • J. Alexander Jacocks
    May 1, 2012
      On Tue, May 1, 2012 at 12:57 PM, Dave McGuire <Mcguire@...> wrote:

      On 05/01/2012 10:19 AM, B Degnan wrote:
      > Not really vintage in our club's scope, but just for anyone
      > interested in SCSI things I have a pretty large number of SCSI cards
      > and drives, mostly from the 1990's that I have set aside. These are
      > not for sale, but for future restoration projects. I have a win 2000
      > system set up for SCSI drive testing with about three types of cards
      > installed, external CD SCSI burners, etc. What I did is gather
      > together all of the related items into one place, sealed them up and
      > I will get back to it in 2020 the medium future. Eventually things
      > SCSI will be hard to find, now is the time to start setting aside
      > 90's tech, when it's practically free.

      Early 50-pin SCSI drives, in particular, are really drying up fast.
      With all the high-end non-PC systems up until the early 2000s using such
      drives, I'm hoarding them at this point.
       <snip>

      I tend to agree...I've been trying to get my hands on as many 9 and 18gb fast/narrow disks as I can.  These are extremely useful, and have less years on them than most narrow disks.  I have 4-5 in my disk storage box, so far.  I use them in my 68k Macs, my early SPARCstations, my Amigas, and others.

      - Alex
    • Show all 21 messages in this topic