25506Re: [midatlanticretro] OT? SCSI

    May 1, 2012
      On 05/01/2012 10:19 AM, B Degnan wrote:
      > Not really vintage in our club's scope, but just for anyone
      > interested in SCSI things I have a pretty large number of SCSI cards
      > and drives, mostly from the 1990's that I have set aside. These are
      > not for sale, but for future restoration projects. I have a win 2000
      > system set up for SCSI drive testing with about three types of cards
      > installed, external CD SCSI burners, etc. What I did is gather
      > together all of the related items into one place, sealed them up and
      > I will get back to it in 2020 the medium future. Eventually things
      > SCSI will be hard to find, now is the time to start setting aside
      > 90's tech, when it's practically free.

      Early 50-pin SCSI drives, in particular, are really drying up fast.
      With all the high-end non-PC systems up until the early 2000s using such
      drives, I'm hoarding them at this point.

      Speaking of which, it was not my intention to hoard this particular
      type of drive, but I have lots...well over two hundred...Seagate
      Barracuda 4.3GB 68-pin differential (not LVD!) SCSI drives. These are
      really tough to find. If anyone needs them, they are available for the
      asking.

      Dave McGuire, AK4HZ