25485IBM PC Network (Broadband) Adapter

  • Kyle Owen
    Apr 30, 2012
      In the same IBM PC/AT that has the failing hard drive, there is an IBM PC Network Adapter, a card that I can find very little information online. It is fitted with a single female F-connector on the card edge. The little information online that I dug up is available here: http://stason.org/TULARC/pc/network-cards/I/IBM-CORPORATION-Broadband-PC-NETWORK-ADAPTER-BROAD.html

      It seems to indicate that it's a broadband card. What more specifics could anyone here give me? Surely I can't just go plugging my PC into the coax going to my cable modem, right? That'd be too easy! Most of the NICs I've seen use BNC for 10BASE2 and such, not an F-connector.

      Something I should have mentioned in my previous email is that this seems to be a CORE International ATplus40, judging from the label I found on the hard drive. I don't know if that makes it any more valuable as a machine (especially considering the "more reliable" hard drive is shot), but it's cool to know that it has some history.

    • Show all 3 messages in this topic