25115Re: [midatlanticretro] Re: Question about prom burners

    Apr 9, 2012
      > > What Serial card did you use with this set up? Do you have the
      > > disks? I would love to archive these for posterity. I have a
      > > northstar system set up and/or I could replicate the
      > > Altair/Northstar set up. There are others in this group that could
      > > do this as well, not sure if you wrote where you're from.
      > >
      > > Bill
      > > landenberg, PA
      > >
      >Terry here. If these questions were to me, I don't remember what
      >serial card that I used back then (I've used many). But, I do have
      >a box (either Xerox box or similar size) of N* floppies still around
      >here somewhere. Plus, I should have some docs on that old
      >system. I will look around.

      Thanks. I have among other projects been working to use a North* MDS
      controller operate within an Altair system. I also have a working
      Northstar Horizon system that runs N* and N* CP/M. On my Altair I am
      using a 2SIO card. I have found indirect docs on how to personalize
      N* DOS for the Altair 2SIO card, but so far I have not been able to
      make it work. Any details of your version of N* DOS would be useful,
      and/or a few representative disks.

      If you were looking for a home for some of/all of the disks, I would
      work with our club members to get CBBS running again.

    • Show all 33 messages in this topic