24598Re: scopes, was Re: [midatlanticretro] KIM-1, It Lives....

    Mar 7 2:38 AM
      On Mar 6, 2012, at 9:24 PM, David Gesswein <djg@...> wrote:

      >>> I have two so when one decides to be temperamental I can use the other.
      >>> I did buy a digital scope for the straight 8 restoration.
      >>
      >> What'd you get?
      >>
      > The Rigol 1052E. It seemed a safe choice for the low end scopes and I have
      > access to better scopes if I really need one.
      > I'm pretty happy with it for the price.

      Excellent. Some of HP's lower-end scopes are rebadged Rigols; I wonder if yours is one of those models. I've heard they're quite nice but I haven't used one myself.

      >> 7834 400MHz storage scope with every plugin you can think of, including:
      >>
      > Hows the screen holding up? The storage tubes didn't seem to be the most
      > durable. I have 4010 type terminals and a 611 monitor with them. The 611 is
      > the only one with a really good tube.

      The CRT on my "daily driver" 7834 is like new, but the one in my dead frame is a bit worn.

      I'm jealous of your 611. I have a "parts" 611 here, raped of several components and the covers. I missed out on a complete one on eBay last week; I was very disappointed about that.

      Have you done anything interesting with yours?

      Dave McGuire, AK4HZ