24509Museum report -- good stuff

    Feb 26, 2012
      Today was busy and productive, just like last week. We had several groups of visitors spread out during the day, including 10 Cub Scouts, several families, and a few serious engineers.

      We also were given several more boxes of books today -- nice ones, including some Macintosh manuals and books that we put on display by our original system. Also, we got a boxed copy of AppleWorks.

      Jeff J. went to Home Depot for us and bought lights that we hung from the ceiling of our H-building storage area. We got 100 feet of lights that use 10 bulbs at 100W each. It just plugs in to the wall. This setup wasn't cheap -- it set MARCH back around $160 -- shhh, don't tell Justin the club treasurer. ;) (Hi Justin!) But the lights make it much easier, more pleasant, and safer to work in our storage area. We zip-tied the light string to the rafters so we can take it with us to other areas in the future.

      Neil C. brought us some small VAXen -- 3200, 2000, etc., plus some Apple //c gear and a couple of small Sun boxes.

      The Jeff(s) and I organized a few more random boxes/pallets. Also we finally found the elusive second box of our Morrow S-100 kit! We made some space in the homebrew computing exhibit and laid out the major components for display (see attached pictures, including one of the manual showing a layout, which we generally duplicated.) I'll make a new poster for it, and we'll rope it off so people do not pick up the parts (some of them have sharp edges that can extract blood ... guess I how found out ... ouch!)

      That's all for now.