24473Re: [midatlanticretro] ROM gurus

  • Mike Loewen
    Feb 21, 2012
      On Tue, 31 Jan 2012, Mike Loewen wrote:

      > Ok, ROM gurus...I have a Data I/O 29B with a UniPak2B and a LogicPak:

      > I would like to be able to read an AMD AM9216BDC mask-programmed ROM,
      > but it isn't listed as a supported device. I've read that it might be
      > possible to build an adapter to reroute a couple of pins to allow it to be
      > read like a 2716, but have no clue as the specifics. The 9216 is a 24-pin
      > DIP, with dual-active low chip selects, and uses both +5V and +12V. The
      > board these are installed on can use either 9216s or 2716s, but not a mix
      > of both.>

      Per several of your suggestions, I ended up breadboarding an adapter to
      make the 9216 look like a 2716 to my 29B. Only 3 changes were needed:

      Pin 19 (A10) of the 2716 was redirected to pin 21 of the 9216.
      Pin 21 (Vpp) of the 2716 was left unconnected.
      Pin 21 of the 9216 was connected to a +12V source.

      It works.

      Mike Loewen mloewen@...