24442Re: [midatlanticretro] DECmate IIs for sale

  • David Gesswein
    Feb 20, 2012
      On Sun, Feb 19, 2012 at 11:25:13PM -0500, Jeffrey Brace wrote:
      > Also there was a 16 error.

      That a keyboard error

      > Plus how can we check to see if there is a hard drive attached or not ? I
      > mean other than opening the case ? Is there a command ?

      A test disk may tell you. I didn't find it in a quick look. Like previous
      email said opening case is easy. Move latches and lift top straight up.

      The other think that would be good to check is if option boards are present.
      They are uncommon so effect value. You can sell some from the back if an
      extra connector is present at the option board spot or the APU light blinks
      after power on.

      The manual is here
      http://www.pdp8online.com/pdp8cgi/query_docs/queryb.pl?level=1ek-decm2-om-002;id=192

      Pg 2/3 show latches and tell how to open case.
      Pg 5 shows APU led and option connector location.
      Pg 8/9 shows how to pull out system board to check for option boards.
      Just remove the power supply and floppy cable from the system board then
      loosen the thumbscrews and it should pull out enough to check for daughter
      cards.
    • Show all 19 messages in this topic