24411Re: [midatlanticretro] Re: KIM-1

  • Bob Applegate
    Feb 19, 2012

      On Feb 19, 2012, at 10:33 AM, Systems Glitch wrote:

      Previous replies are definitely correct in that it's safer to experiment with the microKIM, especially if you're going to attach things to the KIM-1's output port(s). The original used mask-programmed 6530s, which included part of the KIM monitor as well as the I/O ports. Blowing an I/O port means you need to find a preprogrammed 6530 from another KIM-1, or live with that I/O bit dead (assuming you haven't blown out other 6530 functions).

      That's exactly my problem.  One of my KIMs has one dead pin of a 6530, so the display and keyboard don't work.  I've been looking for a semi-working, or even dead, KIM and hope that the one chip I need is still working.  Fortunately I have another KIM working :)

      Bob

    • Show all 11 messages in this topic