24392Re: [midatlanticretro] KIM-1

  • Bob Applegate
    Feb 18, 2012

      On Feb 18, 2012, at 1:27 PM, rarecoinbuyer wrote:

      I've been looking for an original MOS KIM-1 recently but prices have gone through the roof. I consistently get bid beyond budget. I wish I had an interest back in the 1990s when you could pick them up for song.

      I hope this is not retro off topic, but what do you think of the microKIM kit that is available today? I think it would make a decent "hole filler" until I can afford a real KIM-1.

      This depends on what you want a KIM for.  If you want a genuine KIM-1, then this won't do, but if you want to run KIM software and see what it was like in the early days of home computers, then the microKIM is perfect.  It's also safer to play with since parts are readily available.

      Bob

    • Show all 11 messages in this topic