24251Re: [midatlanticretro] Beer Responsibility

    Feb 3, 2012
      >> I am a bit concerned about serving alcoholic beverages at the event because what liability issues will we have if someone gets intoxicated and hurts themselves or someone else?

      I thought of that. We can make our policy a two-drink maximum, per person, per day. And we'll use common sense: if someone appears to have had too much, then we won't serve them.

      Mostly I am not worried (and I am very good at worrying!) We are not the first event to sell alcohol, you know?

      I'm also not worried about simple spillage, because people already carry water, soda, etc., and there's never been a problem.

      We should have exhibitors sign general liability waivers anyhow. Fred always reminds me of that.

      Anyway, I probably jumped the gun by announcing this before we know if the township will give us a permit.
    • Show all 12 messages in this topic