24227Re: [midatlanticretro] ROM gurus

  • Dan Roganti
    Jan 31, 2012

      On Tue, Jan 31, 2012 at 2:17 PM, Mike Loewen <mloewen@...> wrote:

         Ok, ROM gurus...I have a Data I/O 29B with a UniPak2B and a LogicPak:

         I would like to be able to read an AMD AM9216BDC mask-programmed ROM,
      but it isn't listed as a supported device.  I've read that it might be
      possible to build an adapter to reroute a couple of pins to allow it to be
      read like a 2716, but have no clue as the specifics.  The 9216 is a 24-pin
      DIP, with dual-active low chip selects, and uses both +5V and +12V.  The
      board these are installed on can use either 9216s or 2716s, but not a mix
      of both.  Here's the info on the ROM board:

         Table 4.0 lists the strapping for 9216 vs 2716, and there's a schematic
      at the end.  Any pointers?

      You have to make certain of the CS pin logic levels. Table 4 shows only some kind of DIP switch settings. You like to verify the logic in the schematic where it's used. Just as the firmware is preprogrammed into a Mask Rom at the Factory, these CS pins are also configurable at the factory as either Hi or Lo level inputs by the customer - per their design/schematics. The rest of the chip is straight forward if just you want to read the contents - eg. address, data and power.

      Only these pins are diff from the 2716
          Pin 21= A10
          Pin 20= CS1***
          Pin 19= +12v