24225Re: [midatlanticretro] Is anyone going to TCF?

  • Neil Cherry
    Jan 31, 2012
      On 01/31/2012 01:26 PM, Dave McGuire wrote:

      > On Jan 31, 2012, at 12:47 PM, "J. Alexander Jacocks" <jjacocks@...
      > <mailto:jjacocks@...>> wrote:
      >> > It's also just a one day show this year.
      >>
      >> Interestingly enough, the Timonium Hamfest is also 1 day, this year, with the flea
      >> market indoors. Site link: <http://www.thehamfest.com/>http://www.thehamfest.com/ .
      >> Talking to folks, the cause seems to be the continual shrinking of any swapmeet-type
      >> event, brought on by eBay/other auction sites.
      >
      > Wow, Timonium too? Damn. I used to go to that 'fest every year, both days, it was
      > awesome. And HUGE. Between this and TCF, I could just about cry. :-(

      What we need to do with TCf is to turn it into a Maker/Hackerspace
      conference, get together, hands on demo. I think that might help.
      The 'Junk Yard' (my fond name for it) is long gone, now it's just an
      extension of a garage sale. I'm going to attend the classes as I see
      a few that I'm interested in.

      http://www.linuxha.com/ Main site
      http://linuxha.blogspot.com/ My HA Blog