24219Re: [midatlanticretro] Is anyone going to TCF?

    Jan 31, 2012
      On 01/31/2012 01:42 PM, Neil Cherry wrote:
      > What we need to do with TCf is to turn it into a Maker/Hackerspace
      > conference, get together, hands on demo. I think that might help.
      > The 'Junk Yard' (my fond name for it) is long gone, now it's just an
      > extension of a garage sale. I'm going to attend the classes as I see
      > a few that I'm interested in.

      I dunno. I attended the Pittsburgh Mini Maker Faire a few months
      ago. It was the first and only such event that I've attended. My
      problem with it was that 90% of the stuff there seemed to be targeted at
      children. I don't mean "young people" or "twenty-somethings", I mean
      KIDS...just plain TOYS. It would've been great when I was, say, eight
      years old, but now, not so much. My lady and I had a good time, and
      there was a lot of creativity there, but it did leave a lot to be
      desired, and we had little interest in spending more than a couple of
      hours there.

      I really hope other events of that sort are different, especially if
      TCF moves in that direction.

      Dave McGuire