24211Re: [midatlanticretro] Is anyone going to TCF?

  • J. Alexander Jacocks
    Jan 31, 2012
      On Tue, Jan 31, 2012 at 12:35 PM, B Degnan <billdeg@...> wrote:

      At 11:04 AM 1/31/2012, you wrote:
      >So... I looked at TCF and well it's very different this year
      >
      >First of all the Flea Market is inside
      >

      >Second and this is a big change, the flea market space is a donation
      >and they recommend $20.00
      >
      >I didn't go to TCF last year but I suspect given this change the
      >flea market must have been barren.
      >
      >I am thinking about going... Who else is?

      Justin J and I are going to split a flea market table. The flea
      market is going to be on a lower level as I understand it. This
      makes it easier for those of us who like both the modern and used
      stuff. I would also wish that they had the MARCH table along with
      the PC/Flea Market part as well. It's a pain to have to march around campus.

      Andy can probably tell us the inside story.

      It's also just a one day show this year.

      Interestingly enough, the Timonium Hamfest is also 1 day, this year, with the flea market indoors.  Site link: http://www.thehamfest.com/ .  Talking to folks, the cause seems to be the continual shrinking of any swapmeet-type event, brought on by eBay/other auction sites.

      - Alex
    • Show all 17 messages in this topic