24005Re: [midatlanticretro] Fun with the Altair 8800

  • Mr Ian Primus
    Jan 8 7:57 AM
      --- On Sun, 1/8/12, B Degnan <billdeg@...> wrote:

      > Awesome.   I am
      > working with Herb to put that set of code on a 1702 prom to
      > test hos PROLOGUE programmer.

      We burned the code into a 2708 with John's Dajen SCI board plugged into the Altair. Now I can swap the RAM out for a Morrow Switchboard with the the ROM mapped and run it directly.

      Speaking of which, the Switchboard I have is a *very* early one, with no solder mask, and is labeled as Thinker Toys, with a copyright date of 1978. There were a lot of very bad modifications around the comparators that read the switches, and I've been trying to fix it... but it doesn't match the schematics for the common Switchboard - John also has a Rev 2 Switchboard, the common blue one, and it's rather different. This early one seems to have a different switch layout and some other changes in the way it addresses the I/O. Does anyone have the docs for this? At the moment the only way I can get the ROM enabled is with some jumper wires to force it so, with the rest of the board effectively disabled.

      -Ian
    • Show all 7 messages in this topic