23672Re: [midatlanticretro] 50 years of Computer Games

  • David Gesswein
    Dec 6, 2011
      On Mon, Dec 05, 2011 at 11:01:33PM -0500, B Degnan wrote:
      > On another tangent, exactly *how* does one hook an oscilloscope up to
      > a PDP 8 to play spacewar anyway?
      With a display peripheral. With the 8/I I used the AX08 laboratory
      peripheral. It can draw points on the XY screen and also has A/D and
      digital I/O. On the 8/E I used the VC8E which is the point plot only.
      Every model of the point plotting used incompatable instuctions for operation.

      In theory the AX08 should work with my straight 8. With only 4k memory
      the spacewar I used last time won't run but I have a simpler one which
      should. End of this month is the next big push on working on the restoration.
    • Show all 25 messages in this topic