23664Re: [midatlanticretro] 50 years of Computer Games

    Dec 5, 2011
      > I wouldn't say the theme for VCF E is set in stone, or if it will be
      > "50 years of Computer Games" exactly.

      Correct. This is very important! VCF never has an official "theme". Some
      years it just works out on an informal basis.

      The 50 years idea came up when Dan and I were discussing what to do for
      next year's show t-shirt. We started thinking about milestone
      anniversaries and we realized that Spacewar is one such milestone. So
      are many others -- 35 years of 8-bit computing, 30 years for the Apple
      IIe and C-64, and lots more. We concentrated on Spacewar because it will
      make for a cool shirt. That's all.
    • Show all 25 messages in this topic