23660Re: [midatlanticretro] 50 years of Computer Games

  • Dan Roganti
    Dec 5, 2011
      On 12/05/2011 10:34 PM, B Degnan wrote:
      > In Steven Levy's book they talk about some sort of paddle flipping
      > game (as in front panel "paddles") tennis or something that was
      > played in real time before Space War.

      You might be thinking of the video game by Higinbotham at the Brookhaven
      Lab - it was an analog video game. I have an ol' classmate that still
      works there. Remember that demo you had running on your Heathkit [?]
      analog computer a couple of years ago in your basement, where it traced
      a curve across the screen - it's the same principle.

      =Dan
    • Show all 25 messages in this topic