23622Re: [midatlanticretro] Stuff to bring to the party...

  • Jeffrey Brace
    Dec 1, 2011
      From: Mr Ian Primus
      Sent: Thursday, December 01, 2011 10:11 AM
      To: midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [midatlanticretro] Stuff to bring to the party...

      > What should I be bringing to the party this year? In previous years, I've
      > brought video games and television sets - should I do it again this year?
      > Any requests? Does anyone want to organize some kind of actual tournament?

      > At the very least, we should get some four player games of Warlords going.

      > As for movies, I can just plan on bringing a large television, unless
      > someone has a projector or something.

      Yes, bring your television and sega genesis with Golden Axe I, II, III.

      As for a tournament. I am all for it. But the last time we tried to do it,
      there wasn't enough interest. Plus the nature of the party being that people
      don't all come at the same time and everyone is doing different things and
      getting distracted here and there with talking, eating, doing various
      things. If we were going to do a tournament, which game/system are we going
      to play ? It should be some game that people can't play forever. I would
      pass it off to you to organize this tournament Ian. First figure out which
      game/system, then get people to sign up *before* the party. And then set a
      start time for the tournament.

      Which system would that four player game of Warlords be on ?

      I was planning on bringing an untested, but presumably working Atari 800XL.
      I want to play Yoomp ! Plus a C64 system and play Impossible Mission.

      Jeff Brace
    • Show all 17 messages in this topic