23601Re: [midatlanticretro] projects

  • c f
    Dec 1, 2011
      If you're actually interested, we might be able to work something out! I had access to a machine at Columbia that could digitize the frames pretty well, but it needed to be positioned manually. Each microfiche sheet has a ~15x18 grid of pages, and it took me something like 2.5 hours to digitize one sheet. The whole set is about 21 sheets. I unfortunately don't have an extra ~50 hours to sit in their library scanning things at the moment.

      -Chris

      On Thu, Dec 1, 2011 at 2:26 AM, Dave McGuire <Mcguire@...> wrote:

      On Nov 30, 2011, at 4:27 PM, c f <christopher.h.fenton@...> wrote:
      > If anyone has a way to digitize microfiche, I also have a copy of the source code to the Cray Time Sharing System (CTSS) lying around.

      Holy crap!! I will scan and OCR that manually if there's no other way to get it done.

      Dave McGuire