23277Re: [midatlanticretro] Re: Today is 11111

  • system@great-escape.tmesis.com
    Nov 1, 2011
      Dan Roganti <ragooman@...> writes:

      >On Nov 1, 2011 12:47 PM, <system@...> wrote:
      >
      >> I don't understand where your Flip-Flops comes into this nor have you
      >> answered how 11111 = 111111. >
      >
      >Because it's a joke, remember, its when your supposed to laugh ;)
      >
      >Twos Complement is not bound to any field, or number coding on whatever
      >system. It's how you implement it in hardware.
      >
      >The only rule (in shorthand) to get 2's Comp is simply 1. Invert Binary
      >Number 2. Add 1

      7(dec)+1(dec) is 8(dec)

      111(bin)+1(bin) is 1000(bin).

      8 or -8???

      2's comp is a contrivance and has nothing to do with implementation in
      hardware.

      So, what you're saying is that if I add enough to 'n' it will eventually
      become negative? I don't remember the number line folding back.
    • Show all 15 messages in this topic