23259Re: [midatlanticretro] OT: Which kind of smart phone to get
- Nov 1, 2011
>>> If you want a stable phone with no bells & whistles.. Blackberry (I have one.. It just works)I wouldn't say there are * no * bells/whistles. Some of the new ones, and some of th ones coming out in the next few months, are very modern.
What I love about my BlackBerry (on my third one because of upgrades) in no particular order:
- its keyboard is GREAT vs most others
- email is very good, and better aftermarket email clients are available
- reception is good
- battery is decent and removable
- plenty of apps, not as slick as iOS/Android but they're useful
- good customization options
- web browser is tolerable
- non-touchscreen version is still easy to navigate (has optical mouse)
- memory card slot
- good wifi and gps reception
- most people love BB Messenger although I don't use it
- productivity apps are easy to use (calendar, office suite, calc, etc.)
- most of the time it "just works"
What I hate about it:
- lousy camera
- annual (or more) BB service outage
- processor can be sluggish sometimes
- needs reboot once every couple of weeks -- sometimes on it own!
- << Previous post in topic Next post in topic >>