23251[midatlanticretro] OT: Which kind of smart phone to get

  • Jeffrey Brace
    Oct 31, 2011
      From: Dave McGuire
      Sent: Monday, October 31, 2011 10:50 AM
      To: midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [midatlanticretro] OT: Which kind of smart phone to get

      >>> Yah, he said he'd pay my plan too. Thanks Evan,

      >>Hey can I get in on this deal? ;)

      Go out to dinner or lunch with Evan and bring a really old cell phone with
      you and then he will make you a deal ;)

      Ok. So I had the day off, and some free time. Went to the Verizon store. The
      sales guy there liked the iPhone. Went to the Staples and the sales girl
      like the droid. So I got two very different, but strong opinions about both.
      One issue that come up was the battery. You can replace with the droid. With
      the iPhone you have to replace the whole phone. The general impression that
      I get is that the iPhone is more staple, but less apps. The Droid is less
      stable, but more apps. I will do more research and keep asking questions, as
      I keep discovering new things that I never considered before. Such as hands
      free devices, included or not, compatible with my FM hands free device or
      not. But I really have to say that the iPhone 4S feature of voice
      recognition (Siri) is really cool ! I will decide by February when my
      contract renews.
    • Show all 20 messages in this topic