23226Re: [midatlanticretro] my local stationer still has Smith Corona 2.8" floppies

  • Ray Sills
    Oct 30, 2011
      Also, the Akai S-612 sampler used that type disk to hold audio
      samples. They called it a "QuickDisk". IIRC, it holds 64K, and uses
      a single spiral track. It's designed to be two-sided, and no
      modifications are needed to the disk (as was done with 5.25" floppies
      with a notcher, to make them two-sided).

      73 de Ray

      On Oct 30, 2011, at 5:29 PM, M. Edward Wilborne, III wrote:

      > The Roland S-10, and MKS-100 samplers use these size disks. I have
      > a bunch of them.
      >
      > Unfortunately, the belt (more like circular rubber band) on my 2.8
      > disk drive in my sampler broke, turned to goo, and gummed up the
      > drive, making it difficult to fix.
      >
      > Ed
      >
      > On 10/30/2011 5:27 PM, Jeff Jonas wrote:
      >>
      >> I hope nobody's using them, but my local stationer still sells:
      >>
      >> http://www.fileformat.info/media/2.8-floppy/
      >> 2.8 inch Floppy Disk
      >> Also known as: Smith-Corona DataDisk 2.8, Data Disk 2.8

    • Show all 6 messages in this topic