23214fun stuff in everything I touch

  • Jeff Jonas
    Oct 28, 2011
      Rolf Levenbach donated some wonderful things to MARCH. I was reading about the Bellmac 8 CPU and will soon post a web page about the interesting architectural gems in that chip that other processors re-discovered years later, such as register windowing.

      I'll soon forward the 1975 book "Programming Languages: Design and Implementation" by Terrence W. Pratt to the MARCH library. It is SO 70s: discusses FORTRAN, ALGOL 60, COBOL, PL/I, LISP 1.5, SNOBOL 4, APL

      Who'd imagine that ALL those languages would become obsolete?
    • Show all 7 messages in this topic