      From: midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com [mailto:midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Alfred Byrne
      Sent: Thursday, February 02, 2006 8:33 AM
      To: midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [midatlanticretro] Looking for RF modulators

      Radio Shack has a cable adapter to adapt an RCA jack to the cable
      connector on the back of the TV. On the new cable ready TV set
      you don't need a 75 to 300 ohm converter/switch box.

      Chris M <chrism3667@...> wrote:
      what do you mean by old style? Old style TVs didnt
      have cable inputs. You connected cable to the antenna
      jacks by way of an impedance matcher/adapter.
      Depending on what classic yer talking about, you dont
      need modulation, just a switch (those switches may
      also convert 75 to 300 ohms). Frinstance, the C64
      output channel 3 through the rca jack, carrierless
      composite video through the round din connector.
      --- midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com
      <starbase89@...> wrote:
      > Kelly Leavitt wrote:
      >
      > >At least I think that's what they were called. I'm
      looking for those little
      > >external switches to connect classics up to the
      cable inputs of "standard"
      > >TVs. Any sources for the old style ones? I found
      one place that had them for
      > >$4.95 each. Can't find it again.
      > >
      > >Thanks for any help.
      > >
      > >Kelly