22891Re: [midatlanticretro] terminal 10

  • Ray Sills
    Oct 2, 2011
      On Oct 2, 2011, at 1:18 AM, Evan Koblentz wrote:
      > <snip>

      > A rack-mount network switch is overkill for now. Someday when we
      > move into the H-buildings we'll need all those ports. For now, if
      > we use something of that size, we'll have to tuck it away under a
      > table. Same with the server.

      /<snip>

      It's true.. the switch I have is way overkill. However, it's
      available. But not forever. If I can't find a home for it fairly
      soon, it will most likely be sent to a landfill. If MARCH does not
      need it now, maybe a member would be willing to take it until such
      time as it could be used.

      In thinking about it further, I had several of these units at one
      time, and it's possible that I've already donated them (during my
      great garage and basement clean-out) prior to my move from NJ to PA.
      So, it's possible that these other units (identical models) are
      somewhere in a MARCH storage room. Maybe.

      73 de Ray
    • Show all 23 messages in this topic