22889Re: [midatlanticretro] terminal 10

    Oct 1, 2011
      I think we should take Bill's advice of using both systems. We can use PCs to start, and gradually switch to terminals as we get them running. Also, Bill's server will enable our eventual BBS exhibit.

      A rack-mount network switch is overkill for now. Someday when we move into the H-buildings we'll need all those ports. For now, if we use something of that size, we'll have to tuck it away under a table. Same with the server.

      Another thing we could do after the big move (probably in a year, maybe two) is place the server next to the UNIVAC and make a poster comparing their size, weight, cost, speed, storage, memory, etc.
    • Show all 23 messages in this topic